Empowering each other torealize our potential,pursue our passions, and positively impact our communities.
Futures Academy serves students ages 17 to 21, who have too few credits to receive a traditional high school diploma, but are interested in furthering their education and pursuing post-secondary opportunities.
Through a partnership with Colorado Youth for a Change and Aurora Public Schools, Futures Academy provides students with the resources, guidance, and academic instruction that allows them to earn college credits (up to an associate’s degree), technical certifications, a GED, or a combination of the three.
Futures Academy combines a competency-based approach to teaching and learning with targeted case management to help students overcome barriers to academic and personal success in a safe and supportive learning community that respects and values the strengths and experiences of each student.
What are the enrollment criteria?
If the answers are yes to all of these questions, the student is a potential Futures Academy student:
- Does the student have the desire to obtain a GED and have an interest in college?
- Does the student live within the Aurora Public Schools district boundaries?
- Is the student between the ages of 17-20?
- Is the student behind in credits?
- Is the student classified as a junior or senior in high school?
- Does the student have an ELA score of 4LEP or higher? (if applicable)
*Student cannot turn 21 in their starting semester at Futures Academy.
*IEPs and expulsions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
More about Futures Academy
- We offer instruction in Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, and College & Careers.
- Students are scheduled in three courses; school hours are 8:45am to 2:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Students have the opportunity to earn scholarships for Community College of Aurora (CCA) and Pickens Technical College.
- We offer small class sizes, small group tutoring, and college support classes.
- All students are assigned to a Student Advisor.
Are you a student or a parent looking for school options? Click here.
For more information contact us at 720-949-0253.