Colorado Reading Corps
Colorado Reading Corps, brought to Colorado by Mile High United Way, is operated by Colorado Youth for a Change. Reading Corps is a replication of the proven and successful Minnesota Reading Corps. The program supports kindergarten through third grade students in school districts across the state, to increase reading proficiency. Reading Corps places AmeriCorps members in classrooms for one school year to provide one-on-one tutoring to students reading below grade level.
If a student is not reading at grade level by third grade, this can be a key indicator to a student dropping out of school in the future. As a leader in the area of student reengagement, CYC understands the importance of literacy for all students.
- 100% of school coaches report that Colorado Reading Corps has a positive impact on their students
- Last year, 94% of students made academic progress
- On average, 82% of students are exceeding target growth rates
Serving with CYC
- Support a caseload of 15-20 students
- Serve full time at your school
- Earn a living stipend twice per month
- Earn an education award upon completion of service
- Members are eligible to participate in our health insurance plan
- Participate in professional development and training
Click here to learn more about applying.
Find out if Colorado Reading Corps is right for you by clicking here.
Are you a passionate individual ready to serve your community?