In addition to Reengagement’s core services, our team provides services coordination and support for those students who are experiencing homelessness, identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning (LGBTQ), are pregnant or parenting, or are involved in the foster care or court system.
These populations of young people are over-represented in our current dropout numbers and we are working to ensure that a young person’s education is not disrupted because of their identities or because of certain life events. CYC staff connect these youth with appropriate resources to help them navigate the school system, while giving them the tools to make informed choices and become their own best advocate.
- 246 out-of-school students were identified through the CYC Reengagement program to receive these additional services
- 172 of these were enrolled back into school
- 106 of these students continued enrollment or graduated with a diploma or GED certificate
Join the CYC MVP VIP Society!
Making a pledge of $1000 or recurring gift of $100/month for one year will make you eligible for membership in the CYC Most Vulnerable Populations (MVP) of students VIP Society and support the other additional services provided by CYC students facing disproportionate barriers. As a member of the MVP VIP Society, you will receiving the following:
- Recognition as a CYC MVP VIP
- Special recognition at CYC events
- Exclusive invitation to biannual MVP VIP events
- MVP t-shirt and CYC mug
For more information, contact Robert Ham at email@example.com or 303-928-9774.