Futures Academy serves students ages 17 to 21, who have too few credits to receive a traditional high school diploma, but are interested in furthering their education and pursuing post-secondary opportunities.
Through a partnership with Colorado Youth for a Change and Aurora Public Schools, Futures Academy provides students with the resources, guidance, and academic instruction that allow them to earn college credits (up to an associate’s degree), technical certifications, a GED, or a combination of the three.
Futures Academy combines a competency-based approach to teaching and learning with targeted case management to help students overcome barriers to academic and personal success in a safe and supportive learning community that respects and values the strengths and experiences of each student.
The Student Experience
- School hours are 8:45 am to 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- We offer instruction in Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, and College & Careers.
- We offer small class sizes, small group tutoring, and college support classes.
- All students receive personalized support from a Futures Student Advisor.
- Students earn scholarships for the Community College of Aurora (CCA) and Pickens Technical College.
- By the time a student earns their GED, many students will have earned an industry certification from Pickens, credits from CCA, or a combination of the two.
- Served 357 students
- 191 students were enrolled at the end of the year
- 57 students earned their GED Certificate
- 66 students were concurrently enrolled at the Community College of Aurora or Pickens Technical College
For more information contact us at 720-949-0253.