Corps for a Change AmeriCorps Program
As an AmeriCorps member, you’ll serve high school aged youth who are at risk of dropping out of school. AmeriCorps members partner with a caseload of 20-40 in-school youth who have low attendance to provide support and resources in order to improve attendance and school engagement.
More about Service
- Corps for a Change members: Support high schools to engage students who are attending less than 90%. Interventions include one-on-one meetings, home visits, connection to community resources, and advocacy to address individual student barriers to improve attendance and increase engagement.
- AmeriCorps members complete either a minimum of 900 hours from October 2021-May 2022 or a minimum of 675 hours from January-May 2022 and are placed in high schools across Metro Denver and Northern Colorado.
- Gain experience and training that includes personal strengths, inclusivity, working with high needs students, communication styles, and a variety of other topics.
- Living allowance is $947 per pay period (paid twice per month).
- Segal Education Award of $3,172.50 for those starting in October and $2,417.14 for those starting in January. This is awarded at the end of a successful term of service and can be used to repay student loans or for current or future education.
- Mileage reimbursement or bus fare
- Cell phone and laptop for use during service term
Disclaimers: In accordance with AmeriCorps Regulation 45 CFR 2540.100, this position does not duplicate work of previous or existing employees or volunteers, supplant the hiring of workers, or include service or duties that have been performed or were performed by a current employee, an employee who recently resigned or was discharged, an employee subject to a reduction in work force, or an employee who is on leave. The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is committed to achieving a diverse, high-performing workforce. No persons involved with this program will discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, disability, marital/parental status, or military service. We strive to provide a service and work environment free of sexual, racial, ethnic, religious or other harassment.