Bring Colorado Reading Corps to Your School
Colorado Youth for a Change manages the implementation of Colorado Reading Corps, a program that supports kindergarten through third grade students in seven school districts across the state, to increase reading proficiency. The program places AmeriCorps members in classrooms for one school year to provide one-on-one tutoring to students reading below grade level. Tutors provide targeted reading skill practice, commonly called interventions, primarily in the areas of phonemic awareness, phonics, and fluency.
What sets Colorado Reading Corps apart:
Reading Corps is set apart from other reading interventions and typical in-school reading programs because of its unique model.
- Building Relationships with Students
- One-on-one reading interventions are provided by AmeriCorps tutors to increase reading proficiency and help students build confidence in the classroom.
- Academic Progress
- In the 2018-2019 school year, 71% of students are exceeding their target growth rate in reading, growing by more than one year.
- Coaching Support
- Colorado Reading Corps uses a coaching model where there are frequent observations and coaching by experiences Master Coaches to ensure the program and interventions are implemented with fidelity.
- Data-driven Model
- Tutors conduct assessments every week with each student to track and share their progress.
If you're interested in bringing Colorado Reading Corps to your school, please contact Beth Kleinman at firstname.lastname@example.org.