- How many students does CYC serve?
- What is the dropout rate in CO?
- What is the graduation rate in CO?
- Why doesn't the CO dropout percentage rate equal 100 percent when added to the CO graduation rate?
- Does CYC operate in every CO school district?
- What are the demographics of CYC students?
- Does CYC partner with other organizations?
- How can I get involved?
- If I were to donate funds, how is my money used?
- Is my donation tax deductible?
On average, we serve over 3000 students a year.
What is the dropout rate in CO?
The most recent dropout rate released by the Colorado Department of Education is for 2016-2017 school year.
2016-2017: 10,421 students dropped out
What is the graduation rate in CO?
The most recent graduation rate released by the Colorado Department of Education is for 2016-2017 school year.
2016-2017: 78.9 percent
Why doesn't the CO dropout percentage rate equal 100 percent when added to the CO graduation rate?
* Adding Colorado's dropout, completer, and still enrolled rates will not equal a 100%. These rates will not add up to 100% because the completer and still enrolled rates use a different set of students than the dropout rates. The dropout rate is calculated based on all students enrolled within the district between the 7th and 12th grade for the current year.
*Taken from the Colorado Department of Education
CYC does not operate in every CO school district, but we continue to work with new districts every year. For a list of current school district and organizational partners, please refer to our results page.
You can find student demographics on the results page. Click the question to be redirected to this page.
Does CYC partner with other organizations?
Yes, CYC understands that we cannot do this work alone. We partner with a number of different organizations throughout the state.
We’re always on the lookout for individuals like you wanting to get involved. Visit our "Get Involved" section to find out ways to donate or volunteer.
We have a responsibility to our community and our donors and work hard to ensure long-term sustainability of the organization. We make our IRS Form 990 available for review, as required by law. Visit our Financials page to learn more.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes, your donation is tax deductible as long as no goods or services were exchanged for your donation. CYC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Our tax ID is 20-2501002.