Resources + how to help
In the wake of the senseless act of violence against the LGTBQIA+ community at Club Q in Colorado Springs, we offer up support for all in our community who identify as LGBTQIA+. Here are some resources as we grieve and process together.
CYC AmeriCorps Mental Health One Pager: outlines a variety of mental health supports available to our members
Mental Assistance Program: specifically outlines the mental health assistance program offered to all AmeriCorps members
Grounding Exercises: a simple activity you can use to help ground yourself/any students you work with
LGBTQIA+ specific resources:
- Trans Lifeline: call 877.565.8860
- The Trevor Project: call 866.488.7386, text “START” to 678-678 or chat online at TheTrevorProject.org
- Colorado Crisis Services: Call 844.493.8225, text “TALK” to 38255, or find a walk-in center near you at ColoradoCrisisServices.org
- GLBT National Help Center: 1-800-246-7743
- Fenway Health Helpline: 1-617-267-9001
- Mental health professionals in the Colorado Springs area offering free services right now. This link also includes information on vigils/services and fundraising efforts.
- imi app: includes activities, resources and content intentionally designed to affirm LGBTQ+ youth and help them better cope with stress. No download or account creation is required.
You can support the victims and their families at this verified GoFundMe page.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.