CYC’s Reengagement team reaches out to over 3,000 youth each year who have dropped out of school. For those interested in exploring educational options and getting back into school, an education plan is put into place and a relationship is established with one of CYC’s Reengagement Specialists. Together, transcripts are reviewed along with personal barriers, educational goals, and geographic location to ensure the best possible school fit. If you’re a student who wants to get back into school, click here.
Once the youth is reenrolled in school, CYC’s Reengagement Specialists continue to provide support through ongoing case management and connection to community resources that reduce barriers and boost a student’s chance to graduate from school.
- Education Planning
- Enrollment and Retention
- 417 students were re-enrolled back into school by a CYC Reengagement Specialist
- 67% of all re-enrolled students stayed in school or graduated by the end of the school year
- 13,568 outreach attempts were made
Colorado Reengagement Network
The purpose of the Colorado Reengagement Network is to streamline the coordination of regional and statewide student reengagement efforts in order to better serve students throughout the state of Colorado.
The Colorado Reengagement Network creates a collaborative environment that connects school districts and educational service providers and encourages the sharing of ideas and experiences about dropout prevention and reengagement.
U.S. Department of Education Reengagement Guide
- This guide is a great source of information on the idea of and need for reengagement as a whole as well as different programs around the country.
- We’re happy to be included with our colleagues and friends across the U.S. from the National League of Cities network!
The Colorado Reengagment Network was made possible with funds from the U.S. Department of Education, School Dropout Prevention Program (CFDA: 84-360A).
Join us on our monthly Colorado Reengagement Network calls. If you would like to receive updates on upcoming calls or have any questions, please contact Mary Zanotti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 30, 2019: Why 9th Grade Matters
- November 20, 2019: Restorative Practices
- January 29, 2020: Juvenile Justice
- February 26, 2020: Why Students Disengage
- April 29, 2020: State Dropout Report