Colorado Early Learning Corps
Colorado Early Learning Corps was formerly included as part of Colorado Reading Corps and was designated as a separate program in 2022. The program helps early learners enter Kindergarten ready to learn with early literacy and numeracy support. AmeriCorps members implement early learning strategies with students in small groups up to entire classrooms.
80 percent of a child’s brain development happens before age 5. If a student is not prepared to learn alongside classmates at the start of Kindergarten, they may struggle to catch up.
- 404 PreK students served at 9 school sites
- 66% of students met or exceeded their target growth rate in early literacy and math, indicating that they are on track to enter kindergarten ready to learn.
Why Colorado Early Learning Corps works:
- Uses proven strategies to help students build their skills and confidence.
- Skills assessments and progress monitoring ensure success
- Encourages early learners to talk, read, write, sing, and play in order to develop early literacy and math skills
Bring Colorado Early Learning Corps to Your School
Colorado Early Learning Corps embeds AmeriCorps members in schools to provide small group and whole classroom math and literacy support for PreK children. Tutors are trained in research-based early learning strategies and collaborate with the classroom teaching staff to enhance daily literacy and math opportunities and conduct literacy and math assessments to increase the number of children on target with early reading and math predictors.
For questions, please contact Vanessa Notman, Senior Director of Programs, at VanessaN@youthforachange.org.