Colorado Reading Corps
In Colorado today, 60% of third graders can’t read at grade level. If they don’t read proficiently by the end of third grade, odds are against them for catching up in the future. Join Colorado Reading Corps as a tutor and you’ll help students build skills needed to become successful readers. Our tutors serve students one-on-one in preschool through 3rd grade.
No experience? No problem! Reading Corps provides comprehensive training in strategies proven to help students learn.
Serving with CYC
- Support early literacy in either one-on-one settings (K-3) or by supporting the entire classroom (PreK) to help all students start off strong.
- Get paid a stipend twice a month, up to $11,750 total.
- Earn an education award to pay tuition or student loans.
- Tutors 55+ may gift the award to their child or grandchild.
- or use for certain types of travel.
- Receive health insurance and other benefits if eligible.
- Build your career skills, network, and resume.
Colorado Reading Corps is made possible in Larimer County in part through the generous support of the United Way of Larimer County and its donors.
Colorado Reading Corps is made possible in Weld County in part through the generous support of the United Way of Weld County and its donors.
CYC and Colorado Reading Corps is committed to inclusion and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, national origin, age 40 and over, religion, disability, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. CYC and Colorado Reading Corps will make reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified individuals with known disabilities or whose service requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship or a direct threat to CYC/Reading Corps. Please contact Human Resources at 303.292.2779 to request accommodations.