Colorado Early Learning Corps AmeriCorps Program
Some of the most important learning of a child’s life happens before they ever begin formal school. Join Colorado Early Learning Corps as a tutor and you’ll help children ages 3-5 build the skills needed to become successful students in the future. Our tutors support early literacy and numeracy in small groups or classwide to help all students start off strong.
More About Service
- Tutors are placed in Early Childhood Centers and support children ages 3-5 one-on-one, in small groups, and across the entire classroom.
- Your support helps children start Kindergarten ready to learn. You will spend your days helping children play rhyming games, write their names, learn letter sounds, and develop counting skills.
- AmeriCorps members complete a minimum of 675 hours from January-May 2023.
- No experience? No problem! Colorado Early Learning Corps provides comprehensive training in strategies proven to help students learn.
- Living allowance is $1,200 per pay period (paid twice per month for a monthly living allowance of $2,400).
- Segal Education Award of $2,474.27. This is awarded at the end of a successful term of service and can be used to repay student loans or for current or future education.
- Mileage reimbursement or bus fare
- Members participate in professional development and training including personal strengths, inclusivity, working with high needs students, communication styles, and a variety of other topics.
*Tutors 55+ may gift the award to their child or grandchild or use for certain types of travel.
Interested in serving with Colorado Early Learning Corps?
Bring Colorado Early Learning Corps to Your School
Colorado Early Learning Corps embeds AmeriCorps members in schools to provide small group and whole classroom math and literacy support for PreK children. Tutors are trained in research-based early learning strategies and collaborate with the classroom teaching staff to enhance daily literacy and math opportunities and conduct literacy and math assessments to increase the number of children on target with early reading and math predictors.
If you’re interested in bringing Colorado Early Learning Corps to your school, fill out an interest form below!
For questions, please contact Vanessa Notman, Senior Director of Programs, at VanessaN@youthforachange.org.
Disclaimers: In accordance with AmeriCorps Regulation 45 CFR 2540.100, this position does not duplicate work of previous or existing employees or volunteers, supplant the hiring of workers, or include service or duties that have been performed or were performed by a current employee, an employee who recently resigned or was discharged, an employee subject to a reduction in work force, or an employee who is on leave. The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is committed to achieving a diverse, high-performing workforce. No persons involved with this program will discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, disability, marital/parental status, or military service. We strive to provide a service and work environment free of sexual, racial, ethnic, religious or other harassment.